Monday, April 7, 2014

Hazardous Mold at 2456 east 72nd street chicago illegal construction work

Black mold and severely shoddy construction work which was unfinished at the first floor unit at 2456 east 72nd street chicago Illinois 60649, south shore.
The work was shoddy done by Fred Billings who is now in federal prison for bank fraud. I purchased the unit in November of 2010 from Wheeler Dealer llc. I was told repeatedly by Wheeler Dealer representitive Tim that the condo was a new rehab and that it was done. Tim repeated the same words to me over and over again that "the house only needs $1500 from Home Depot". I told Tim I was moving foster children from Maryville Academy into the house and that I could not afford to do rehab work. He hid from me mold and slime in the back basement and mildew in the back bathroom. The windows are newer but cheap and completely defective. The house has no insulation in the walls nor does it have any plastic liner to stop cold air movement. Tim told me to just hook up sinks and toilets and it was good to go. What I soon learned was that the plumbing was completely destroyed from freezing. I trusted Tim from Wheeler Dealer and I sadly learned he completely misrepresented the house. I trusted Tim so much that I agreed to buy the condo from him for the full asking price because he kept congratulating me on the nice new condo I was buying. I could never get the condo approved by the state for my foster children to live there and lost over 21,000 in state money that was to be used to care for the children I took in from Maryville Academy.
I also could never heat the house because Fred Billings (the crimibal who did the shoddy construction on 2456 e 72 nd st.) Never paid the huge gas bills he got while rehabbing the building. The gas company disconnected the ebtire piping system from the building and have refused to bring service in. It was suggested by a gas company representative for me to beg them and bring at least 10 thousand dollars to them for a deposit and then maybe it could be re hooked up. I tried using 15 1500 watt heaters to heat 80 percent of the first floor and the temperature would only rise to 48 degrees in the winter when it was 20 degrees outside.
The old heating unit was a radiator system which was torn out of the building and the new system put in was a cheap shoddy system that is inadequate. Wheeler Dealer is also affiliated with Premiere Mortgage.
I had to abandon the house most of the time because it was and still is uninhabitable. I lost over 41,000 dollars from this deception. The front hallway sweats with big water droplets every spring from all the moisture accumulating in the house. The hallway smells badly of mildew in the warm season and the wood floor under the basement unit is molding.

No comments: